I miss you

I miss you

Friday, May 6, 2011

coffee

Crack for mom--  I admit I am addicted.  6 cups brewed at home in the morning mostly gone by the time I leave for work.  Quite often a stop by Dunkin' Donuts on the way to work for  a large Iced Mocha milk only - easy on the ice  (you get more coffee that way).   Then on my way home I will treat myself to a Mary Lou's Frozen Minty Lou....yum-but mostly ice and milk   doubt if there is any coffee in that one.

These subtle addictions are the hardest to break... everyone drinks it, offers it, carries it around with them.  as bad as a food addiction except you don't get dirty looks if you are drinking a coffee when you are fat like you would if you were eating McDonalds.  then you get the looks like : "oh, boy look at that fatty...have they no self control?"  all the while they are sucking down their liquid crack.

I'd rather give up booze than coffee...and that is saying  a lot.  but there again it is a socially approved addiction.   You can't show up at your kid's school sucking down 40oz Natty Ice  but you can arrive with a grande skinny latte...and walk around proudly cuz you dropped the big bucks at Starbucks.

gotta go. the coffee is done brewing...

2 comments: